When you download digital files on Etsy or other shops, the files will almost always be a .zip file.
Rather than downloading and opening the .zip file on your computer and then transferring it, you can just directly open it on your iPad.
In this blog post, I am going to go over step-by-step how to open a .zip file on your iPad.
If you’d rather watch a video tutorial, I have a simple and quick video guide for you. If not, you can proceed to read the step-by-step instructions below.
To open a .zip file on your iPad:
- Go on the App Store and download iZip if you haven’t done so already (it is free).
2. Download or transfer your .zip file onto your iPad. I airdropped my .zip file and opened it with iZip.
3. Select the .zip file you want to unzip.
4. A window should pop up asking if you want to unzip that specific folder. Tap OK.
5. There should now be an unzipped folder. Tap on it.
6. If there is a specific application you want to open your file in, select the file, and tap the “Open In” Icon at the bottom of the screen.
Saving images (or any file) to your photo library
7. Likewise, if you want to save images to your photo library or any type of file onto your iPad, you can select the photos you want to save and tap “Save.”
Now that you have your file, learn how to import it into GoodNotes. If you already know how to do that, let’s get into the key features of GoodNotes!
Other helpful resources: