Have you ever found that a prediction that you will fail come true? If that’s the case, then it might not just be a coincidence.
According to the National Science Foundation, an average person has about 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts per day. Of those, 80% are negative and 95% are repetitive thoughts.
You probably noticed it too — most of the thoughts we have are negative ones. Just observe your daily internal thoughts and you’ll see.
The thoughts we have then become our reality.
Because of this, we hold ourselves back from so many opportunities, whether it’s consciously or unconsciously.
In this blog post, I will go over how our thoughts shape our reality and 67 affirmations for powerful women that you can use in your life.
Self Fulfilling Prophecy
The self-fulfilling prophecy is when someone predicts something, and this prediction comes true because one believes it will and their behaviors align to help fulfill that belief.
For example, if you believe you’ll fail an exam, then it’s more likely to be true? Why so? If you believe you’ll fail, then you’ll less likely put in the required effort to do well. You’ll study less, slack off more, and take the material less seriously. All of this will lead you to do poorly on your test.
If you believe it’s not possible, then it’s true. You are less likely to take the necessary action to get you to your goal.
Especially as women, we are conditioned to make ourselves as small as possible, that we aren’t capable, that we lack qualities and more. None of these statements running in our minds is inherently true. However, because we believe these things, it then becomes our reality.
Luckily, the opposite is also true: positivity leads to more positivity. The self-fulfilling prophecy can be applied for both positive and negative outcomes.
We’ll be talking about what affirmations are and how you can shift your behavior by practicing them.
What are Affirmations
Affirmations are messages and thoughts you repeat to yourself over and over. They can either be positive or negative. The affirmations we tell ourselves become a part of us, influencing our behavior.
Just like negativity leads to more negativity, positivity also leads to more positivity. To influence your behavior beneficially, practicing positive affirmations is crucial.
Positive affirmations are positive phrases that you repeat to yourself over and over to influence your subconscious mind. These phrases are short, written in the first-person, and used in the present tense.
To be clear, positive affirmations aren’t magical or supernatural. If you don’t take action, it isn’t effective.
However, what they do is shift your mindset, which will lead you to take opportunities you normally wouldn’t consider.
Benefits of Using Positive Affirmations
- Affirmations increase confidence and improve self-esteem
- Daily affirmation practice will shift your mindset, exposing you to new opportunities
- They keep you focused on your goal
- Affirmations help you face adversity with strength
There are so many more benefits, but those are some of the notable ones. The moment you get out of that negative and self-deprecating thought train, you will see noticeable changes taking place.
That being said, let’s learn about how we can use affirmations and incorporate them into our daily lives.
How to use affirmations:
Repeat them aloud multiple times
Affirmations have to be done daily for any change to happen.
For years, you probably thought daily, “it’s not possible for me”, “I am going to fail anyway”, “I suck”, “My work sucks”, “I’ll never make it” and more.
Because of that, you have to practice affirmations every day to make up for years of negative thinking. To replace our negative thoughts with positive ones, we have to do it every day, preferably multiple times a day.
To use affirmations, you should:
- Set aside time in your day to practice your affirmations. A few minutes should be enough.
- Find a quiet place where you can focus
- Repeat your affirmation over and over within that period.
Write them your Journal
To keep track of what affirmations you want to focus on, write them in your diary, bullet journal, planner, etc. The act of writing things down helps instill it into your mind as well.
For ideas on what affirmations to recite and include in your affirmation log/journal, here are 67 affirmations for powerful women.
Affirmations for Powerful Women
Affirmations for Growth
- My goal is possible
- I am capable of learning new things
- My biggest dreams are possible
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.
- Failing means that I’m learning
- My ideas are important and valuable
- I have everything I need inside of me to succeed
- The world is my oyster
- I do the best I can every day.
- Opportunities come my way
- I am capable of working hard
- I am intelligent
- My skills are valuable
- I make good and valuable content
- I create my own success
- Getting my dream job is achievable
- I am allowed to move on from my past
- I am powerful
Affirmations about Resilience
- I am in control of my life
- I am capable of doing difficult things
- This is just a wave, I am the ocean.
- I can rise above negativity
- I am in control of my own emotions
- Change is an option at every moment.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- Every mishap and failure is a learning experience and I grow from it
- I don’t owe the universe anything.
Affirmations about Self-Love
- I am enough
- I trust my judgment and intuition
- My body is a temple. It moves me and helps me make things possible.
- I forgive myself and the mistakes I made
- I am working on loving myself
- There is enough room for me on this universe
- I have the right to express myself
- My body, mind, and soul deserve a good night’s rest
- I complete myself
- My emotions and feelings are valid
- I love you
- I am allowed to take up space
- My body is resilient and strong
- I am worthy of respect – I deserve it.
- I am patient with myself
- My body deserves to be properly nourished
- I deserve to be surrounded by people who love and respect me
- I have faith in myself
Affirmations about Career
- I am developing myself as a professional
- My career is flourishing
- I am creative
- People want to work with me
- I deserve to be paid my value
- My business will do well
- I am capable of solving problems
- I am my own boss.
- My work is valued
- I am capable of communicating
- The projects I’m working on are important
- I am constantly learning and taking in new things
- I will make $____ this year
Affirmations about Happiness
- I radiate joy.
- I choose happiness
- Life is a constant celebration.
- I benefit from gratitude.
- I deserve to be happy
- There is enough for me
- I am living in abundance
- There is so much to be grateful for
- I have time to do the things that makes me happy
Believe in Yourself
Even if you don’t believe it’s true, focusing on these affirmations and being kind to yourself will encourage you to take action until you fully embrace and acknowledge the statement.
Pick a few affirmations from the list above and practice them for a few months. You will be surprised about what could and will happen. Feel free to adjust the affirmations to fit your needs and situation.
Your goals, hopes, and wishes are all possible. They just require nourishment, encouragement, and action.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it or pin it for others to read! Follow us on Pinterest to receive journal ideas, tips for busy women, and motivational quotes!